Creating a Forum
You create a forum from the Forum Manager, accessible from the Allaire Forums Administrator page. When you select Create New in the Forum Manager, a wizard guides you through the individual settings pages to create the forum.
To create a forum:
- Open the Forum Manager and click the Create New button. In the page that appears, you define a number of basic forum details.
- Enter a name and description for the new forum.
- Select a conference from those listed in the Available Conference list box and click the right arrow to add the forum to the conference. Your forum can be added to multiple conferences.
- Click Finish. Your new forum appears in the Forums list box of the Forum Manager main page.
Once you've created a forum, you can define which user groups can access the new forum.
To delete a forum:
- Open the Forum Manager and click the forum name you want to delete from the list of Forums.
- Click Remove. The forum and all the messages and threads in it are deleted.
Warning: Removing a forum permanently deletes all threads and messages in the selected forum.