Giving a Group Read-Only Access to a Forum
You can limit a group's access to a specific forum, and you can prevent any group member from posting messages in the forum.
To limit group access to a particular forum:
First, you need to edit the conference group permissions.
- Open the Conference Manager and select the conference you want to manage.
- Click the Groups button
- On the Groups page, select the group you want and click the Rights button.
- Click to disable the Access all forums, Create new threads, and Posting replies checkboxes and click Finish.
- Exit the Conference Manager by clicking OK.
Second, you need to edit permissions for the particular forum you want.
- Open the Forum Manager and select the forum you want your group to be able to access and click Groups.
- Click the group name you want in the Available Groups list box and click the right arrow. The selected group is added to the Assigned Groups list box.
- Select the group name in the Assigned Groups list box and click the Rights button.
- Click the Access enabled radio button and click Finish.
The Access enabled option provides read-only access to the current forum. To define additional permissions, you need to add the group to a conference and define permissions using the Conference Manager.
Adding permissions to a group with read-only permissions
You can add permissions to a group that currently has read-only access to a conference forum using the Conference Manager. See Viewing or Changing Group Permissions for information about group permissions.